Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm neurotic but my kitties are worse.

I'm so grateful for friends, both IRL and online, who make life better. People who understand emotional outbursts forever recorded in blogworld. There is something so soothing about simply writing down the frustration that I feel sometimes, and there is something uplifting about recording my happiness. Thanks to all for the kind comments and for understanding.

I do have my moments of acting crazy, but my goal is to wig out here and spare my household the drama. I really believe that my kitties are completely nutsy, though. When I woke up today, they were cuddled against each other, back to back. Ailleanach says she doesn't like to cuddle with Shadow, but sometimes she does it anyway. Now they are chasing each other around the house. For anyone who hasn't observed this phenomenon, it sounds like a herd of elephants. When Shadow is done playing or when she wants to play and Ailleanach doesn't, she has a funny whiny cry. I think she'll start talking soon.

Our friend Ki'il came last night as planned. We had homemade wheatbread pizza topped with onions, mushrooms and zucchini. Along with that we polished of a bottle of Cabernet, then we had fruity Dr. Pepper floats. We watched the movie The Hours, which defies review at the moment, except to say that it is satisfyingly multi-layered.

Life is good. Life is good. Life is good.

Rose

No comments: