Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday

I got to work this week to discover that they had opened our second wing. The ortho surgeon who was doing a knee replacement on the mother of the man who owns the gym where my husband works decided he didn't want her on the regular floor with the patients we have with MRSA (methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus)- you know, one of those super mutant bugs. As a result we have one wing with four patients and one wing with seven patients. Guess who the lucky nurse is who got the seven? Well, theoretically I had help, but they helped on the other side about as much as they helped me. Friday was busy enough. I just barely got a lunch break in twelve hours. Saturday one of my patients started going bad as soon as I got there and required constant care. After a few hours, I got the ICU nurse who was there (but not allowed to take regular patients according to new rules) to take over, leaving me with six patients. It was a beter night than Friday, overall, but when the day nurse got there she started hassling me because I didn't clean up. You can't have everything, I told her.

I slept good today.

R. Connors

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»