Saturday, July 22, 2006

I got to thinking.

Talking to people at work last night got me to thinking about what happened at work last weekend. When you look at it objectively, it wasn't really as bad as I thought. At my old job, I took care of seven patients all the time and it didn't seem so difficult. So was I really upset because this job is easier and I can't hack it anymore? Or was it that I overreacted to someone else having a much smaller patient load than myself? Because I finally realized that it wouldn't have mattered whether the other nurse got paid to sit on the other unit and paint her nails or take care of ten patients; I would still have the same amount of work to do. So, was it just a snit because someone I don't always get along with well seemed to have it easier? Or is it part of something larger that is happening to me emotionally? There's no doubt I feel a huge sense of relief today after having a relatively normal night at work last night. I realize that it's important to have people who ground you in reality and point out your inconsistencies.

Next time I get into a funk I'll ask myself, "Did you spend a few days composing this in html and you just don't recognize it in plain text?"

R. Connors

No comments: