Monday, July 24, 2006

Come along for a hike.


I woke up this morning, checked my correspondence, did some accupressure work on the kinks that I made yesterday and geared up to go hiking.

I applied sunscreen in the drive- through, drove to the trailhead, and from there the pictures tell it better than I can.












I don't know what this berry is, but I ate one. Hope it doesn't kill me.




What is this bean? They're everywhere.


The woods are atwitter with chickadees.


This is snowy plover country. That's a protected species.


This daisy-like flower makes me think of Little Sister.


Snowy plovers behind the marker. Stay out!




Now I know what that was: invasive non-native Scotch broom.














Strawberries in the sand. I don't see any berries though.




Purple asters. One of my all time favorites.


Just a few cumulus clouds flying by fast.


The boardwalk cuts through an oxbow- a detour the stream makes.


For XBFRN, what's it look like?


Lunch by the lagoon- Subway spicy Italian, extra jalapenos.


Mixed red and white clover. I think this would make a fine lawn.




Some unknown fungus here. I've always like fungi.


That's the end of the trail. Thanks for coming and don't forget to stretch.



RC

2 comments:

Phil said...

Nice photos, Nurse Connors.
Phil from the Oregon area, too.

ScienceWoman said...

Hi Rose,

That looks like an absolutely beautiful hike. Glad you found my blog. Maybe someday we can go on a hike together...my guess is that we live not that far apart.

- ScienceWoman