Friday, July 20, 2007

She Who Cannot Be Named (SheWCBN)

Our veg box has gotten very colorful and delcious in the last month. jc's favorite is the blueberry buckle that will magically appear later.
I was delighted to find a message on the machine this morning from a very dear friend who has recently moved. I am searching my brain for a moniker for her. It has to be perfect, so I don't want to be too hasty. We have disagreed about things, heartily at times, and still remained friends. She is traveling a journey that I never would have predicted for her, but it is becoming to her. Whether we agree or not, she always has a thought for me that wakens my slumbering consciousness.

She is a mother, but that is not her complete definition. She loves sweets, especially chocolate. She is the perfect person to visit with over a cup of tea. Inside her is rebel that sometimes peeks out for a moment. She is honest. She has a genuine conviction about what she believes to be right, but is not afraid to question that belief, and change it if necessary. She is bright and adventurous, loyal, and kind.

I value her friendship beyond words. I will let you know when I come up with a name for her. Her call was the highlight of my week.

Rose

No comments: