Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Everyday Adventures


We were getting overrun by cat hair, so I decided to buy a carpet shampooer. We headed out to a major retailer, only to find that the only one they had in stock was the floor model. It seems they must sell a lot of them. I decided to take it.
The next day, I got out my new toy and started to play. I loaded the handy tank in tank with water and the separate detergent chamber with shampoo. I plugged it in, turned it on, and pulled the trigger. The suction was operating, but it didn't dispense any water. I rechecked all the settings and tanks again, spilling water on the front of my jeans, and checked the lint filter. Still nothing. I began to think about returning it. I even called customer service, but they were closed for the day.
I finally downloaded the user guide. I had already done all but one thing that it recommended, so I opened the case and checked the belt. Sure enough, the belt wasn't attached. I slid it over the metal rod and tried again. I was rewarded by the whoosh of shampooing with the accompanying slurping of the apparatus as it sucked it up.
The results were clean carpets. What'll be next?
Rose

No comments: