Saturday, March 01, 2008

Ugly Gull or More Bad Food


I slept late and wanted to grab a bite before getting ready for work this evening, so we walked to Fishpatrick's Crabby Cafe. It had been recommended to us by friends. What I really wanted was a nice chef's salad, but they didn't have one, so I settled on clam strips. The clam strips were indifferent, neither bad nor good, but the waiter did bring extra horseradish with my cocktail sauce aka catsup. jc described his clam chowder as "barely edible". As the clam strips receded and french fries emerged, they were revealed to be a very dark brown bordering on black. I try to be open minded, so I ate one. It was limp, shriveled, dry, and tasteless. When finally the waiter arrived to check on us, I observed that the fries seemed burnt. He replied, "They are just fresh cut, like in and out; that's the sugar from the fresh potatoes." He offered to run a fresh batch, but I'd already lost my appetite. The icing on the cake: when jc paid the exorbitant bill, he learned that the family run business is owned by people of faith. People of faith who don't mind serving bad food and then lying about it.
.
Now that I've got that off my chest, I think I'll try to ID that gull.
.
Rose

No comments: