Monday, March 31, 2008

The City

.
I am something of a neophyte when it comes to the city. Nearly every detail delights me. I went to work last night. As anyone would have predicted, there was nothing to be frightened of. The worst part was the drive home in Monday morning rush hour, but even that wasn't bad; not even with an accident and some snow factored in.
.
After some sleep today, we boarded our local bus, and rode into The City. We found some food carts and got some excellent Thai food for $5 each. I had drunken noodles. We ate on concrete bench in front of the university's engineering building, pictured above.
.
It suddenly got quite blustery, a turn of weather we weren't prepared for, so we got back on the bus and came home. The people on the bus are the subject of a children's song, but I have a few verses to add about the clothes, both wonderful and appalling, that the people were wearing, the music they were listening to, how polite they were, how the driver helped the girl in the wheelchair, and don't forget the mining of the nares one not-so-sober woman was engrossed in.
.
Back home, I'm delighted by it all.
.
Rose

No comments: