Thursday, December 13, 2007

On The Road


I slept fitfully the night before our trip and got up early. I showered, had breakfast, and packed the truck, and soon Ki'il arrived and we were on our way. It was a pleasant day for driving, so we made good time. We stopped in Ashland for lunch. Ashland is a pretty, little, refined town full of lovely little shops and restaurants. Ki'il had a panini sandwich with tomato basil soup and I enjoyed a Greek wrap and turkey rice soup.
.
When we pulled into the Scholar's Grandma and Grandpa's in Vallejo, they had dinner waiting for us. I could see by the books that filled their shelves and hear in their mealtime grace much of the religion that I once followed. However we had a nice red wine with dinner. Grandpa tuned into Bill O'Reilly after we ate, but no political discussion ensued. I was tired from driving and excused myself to go to bed early.
.
rc

No comments: