Thursday, November 29, 2007

(More) Travels


I made it home late this morning. I woke up yesterday to realize that I was getting my period on the day of my return trip. I came close to having a panic attack worrying about how I would cope if it was bad. I popped prophylactic narcotics and stopped at the drug store and bought Thermacare wraps.
.
At University Park airport, I had the surprise of running into Brenda and Bill at the yellow car rental. I used to work at the green car rental there. I rented from Mark at the red one. We sat in the back office of yellow and reminisced about the old days when I used to sit in Bill's garage on cold days listening to music while he worked. Brenda and I spent evenings going back and forth between the green and yellow offices and outside, sharing all manner of experiences and man troubles. I unloaded the leftover beer I had on Bill, who gratefully accepted it.
.
I managed to sleep on most of my flights. I finished reading the first book by Kathy Reichs, Deja Dead, which had a thrilling story, but I found the character development on the TV show to be better. I battled a queasy stomach all day, most likely brought on by nerves, and finally succumbed about twenty miles from home. I should have puked in Denver and gotten it over with.
.
I gratefully fell into my own wonderful bed when we got home, and I've been here ever since, with my kitties surrounding me. The worst of my period waited until today, so I'm breaking in my new heating pad and catching up on my online television watching. I was introduced to Big Bang Theory by both Big M and XBFRN, and enjoyed back episodes of the delightfully intelligent and socially inept braniacs this afternoon.
.
East, west, hame's best.
.
Rose

No comments: