Friday, August 04, 2006

camping in the rain- dream journal

I was camping with Robin. We were sleeping on the grass under the stars. I had to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The only toilet was in the middle of a field between two telepone poles. They were so close together that you had to wedge your shoulders in, making it nearly impossible to actually sit on the toilet. When I got back to where we were sleeping, it was starting to rain. Robin was wearing her sleeping bag as a cape and rolling around in the grass, exulting in the rain. We decided to put the tent up and looked for a suitable place since it turns out we had been sleeping on the athletic field. By now it was day. The camp director said we could have the whole day to settle in before formal activities started. As we walked around looking for a spot, we passed many buildings. The camp was on the side of a hill, like most of the camps we went to back in Pennsylvania. There were dormitory style cabins with tar paper roofs and siding. At the main lodge/caneen building we ran into Tashawna with her mom Cathy and talked to them for a while.

(When I woke up, I was happy to see that I hadn't peed the bed. That used to happen when I was a young girl)

Sronnoc Esor

No comments: