Monday, October 15, 2007

Environmental Action Day


I wanted to post pictures of leisure activities of varying impact on the environment today. I had a little change of plans, first involving rain, and second involving going to work. Our beautiful Oregon coast attracts a large number of people who engage in pasttimes that burn fossil fuel. Perhaps the biggest is ATVing on the dunes followed by boating and RVing. I am joined by others like SPM in envisioning a world where people go hiking, canoeing, bicycling, and tent camping instead.
.
In matters not directly related to the environment: I cut my own hair today for the first time. Well, I'm not counting that time in junior high that I cut my own bangs with hideous results. I'm pleased to report that I did such a good job that jc refused to believe that I did it myself. Cutting my own hair is not really about saving the thirteen dollars that I pay at the budget salon. It is a direct result of the fact that I hate making an appointment then waiting in the salon for a haircut that wasn't what I really wanted anyway.
.
r connors

1 comment:

Field Notes said...

I hear you on the haircuts! I don't really get complicated haircuts so I can't justify paying someone so much to do the equivalent of a bob. Back when my hair was long, I cut it myself when it got too long and hence too heavy. I juist wanted to take off about 6 inches. Holy cow, I had no idea what I got myself into. It took me THREE hours!! Maybe I was being a perfectionist or something, I don't know, but I only did that once :-) now I just let it grow until I get sick of it weighing me down then go in for a drastic chop. I think I have my hair cut once every 3-4 years.