Monday, January 22, 2024

About the title

 Fate, felicity, or fluke?

It's GRACE.

In my atheist days when I first started this blog, I devised what I thought was a very clever title questioning why things happen. Is it destiny? luck? mere chance? It very accurately reflected my world view. Another belief that I fostered was that you make your own luck. 

I was so proud of myself for figuring it all out, and people around me congratulated me too. I have to ask myself what kind of twisted individual gets all happy about such a depressing concept. That's who we are without Jesus. 

Atheism and agnosticism are fatalism and denial. They are schemes to convince yourself that you are free from the Power of the universe. They are false freedom. I had grown up in a very controlled environment. I followed the rules imposed by my family, my dad, my school, my college, the church, very well most of the time. I was under the illusion that I was escaping those rules and finding freedom, but I had created for myself a much more confining cage.

Fate? Sure, God knows what is going to happen before it happens. But He is not a puppet master. He does give us free will to choose.

Luck? No such thing, but God loves to bless us with His amazing grace. 

Chance? God planned our salvation from the beginning of the world. He always knew that we would reject Him by sinning, and He knew that Jesus would bear our sin on the cross to give us the opportunity for redemption. 

GRACE- when God freely gives us what we don't deserve in the form of salvation and blessings. 

I'm so glad I was wrong.

No comments: