Monday, August 20, 2012

Recharging

I received a notice today that USCIS forwarded our child's immigration pre-approval to the US Embassy in Addis Ababa.  That news makes me very happy.  In fact, I hugged jc so much that he said, "that hurts" and made me stop!  :)

It's nice to relax a little after submitting the dossier and start reading some more serious adoption books.  We're told to anticipate a child under a year old, so I'm refining my focus a bit.  I read a pretty serious book on toddler adoption, focusing on attachment, and it's nice to know that I might not have some of those issues to worry about!

We've got plenty more hills to climb, but for now; let's enjoy that wonderful coast at the top of the first really big one.  Drink some Gatorade, eat a power bar, and soak in the sun and cooling breeze.

rc

No comments: